Technique Junkies

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Velveteen Stamping

Hello, everyone!  First of all, a big THANK YOU to everyone who played along last month!  I LOVE seeing how everyone uses the technique to create something that is totally their style!  That was the point of this challenge--for me to get more ideas. ;)  Actually, that really was one of the reasons!  But I know that is not what you came here for!  So, let's get down to brass tacks, shall we?! 

Before we begin, let me apologize for the mess you'll see in the photos...it's been crazy this month and cleanliness went OUT the door at some point...but I digress. This month, my Technique Tutorial is entitled...


Velveteen Stamping

Materials Needed

White or vanilla cardstock
White or vanilla pigment/craft ink (make sure it's the same color as the paper)
Bright colored inks (I've used 3)
A large "background" stamp
Bold solid image stamps
Old sock, dishtowel, piece of fabric--Something to daub with
Embellishments and other cardstocks to finish card

"How To"

1. Ink your background stamp up REALLY WELL with the white or vanilla ink.  I mean REALLY WELL.  Lay it on THICK.  Place your paper over the inked image and rub the back to transfer your image.  This assures you'll have an even and solid image.


2. Allow it to dry (I used a heat gun to help with this, but you could just walk away for a bit or work on something else for a little while).  This is what it will look like.  Isn't it pretty by itself?!

3. Stamp your bold colored images "randomly" (or maybe not so "randomly") onto your panel, daubing the images after each time you stamp.  Make sure to daub, not rub, as the colored ink will smear and look a little fuzzy...in a bad way.  Let's not ask how I know, ok?



4. Embellish your panel and add it to your project. (Click on the picture to see the effect better.)

So, how's THAT for an easy tutorial?!  When I saw a card made with it, I was a little hesitant to try it, but I am so glad I did, because what a WOW effect from such an easy tutorial!!!  If you'd like to see more details about my card, please visit my personal blog, On a Stampage.  Ok, so now it's YOUR turn! 

I have a few rules I'd like you to follow, nothing big.  Please click on the rules tab at the top of this blog to read them before linking, please!  And don't forget to come back on the 15th to see the Top Winner and showcased cards from the Stamped Punch Window challenge!  Happy stamping!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow This technique is so pretty. If I can find white pigment ink at the craft store, I'll be sure to join in.
hugs,
Ellen

Nancy said...

Beautiful technique Mynnette ~ your card is Gorgeous!! Thank you for another fabulous tutorial and challenge!!!
Nancy xx :D

Susie Little said...

What a Fab technique!x

Chrissy Larson said...

This is really cool! I'll have to give it a try!

Kim B said...

Your card is fabulous!!! Thanks again for such a fantastic tutorial. Hugs, Kim

Donna Wilkes said...

Hi - you visited my post on a distressed table, and I followed you back. YOU STAMP!!! Yeah! I love stamping with just about anything. I love your layering. I am your newest follower and will be back for more. Thanks for visiting me.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Fliss said...

This looks very interesting Mynnette and I'll be having a go when time allows.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Rozelle Faulkner said...

Really struggling to get this technique to work for me :/ I'll persevere though ;)

Gram's Treasures said...

WOW...what a great technique, and I'll have to have a look at your older posts too. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, or I wouldn't have seen this. I'll have to give this a try.
Joyce xx

Victoria said...

You write such great tutorials Mynnette! Thanks for sharing this with us. I've enjoyed giving it a go.

Unknown said...

Love the tut and am almost done with my creation...Thanks for your wonderful blog...love n hugs, Aussie Annie x

sth said...

This has been really fun to do! I even went to the store today to get me white craft ink. And the trip was worth it. It was so much fun to work with this technique! Thanks for a great idea to make cards even more interesting! -Steffi